I won't lie today's been a bit of a brain fart.
I'm so worried about getting the essay done for Friday in such a sort time, also because I know that's needing to be done like NOW I can't think about doing anything else. I want to get the P/S collages done and look at Barbara Kruger and see how words can be used, see of there more impactful or not, or if they can combine images and words see and if it can make the image more understandable.
But I managed to get past that - Jon showed some female Pop Artists to look at and one that I really liked was Marisol Escobar she also was looking at collages and it for some reason it reminded of a sentence I read when researching the Feminist Art movement "Feminist artist worked in materials that weren't traditional male dominated such as sculpture."
So just so I wasn't sat doing anything I thought I would try to do something inspired from that.
So I grabbed a needle and thread and cut out a image from a magazine and started doing some started stitching some patterns in the clothes and the hair - I wasn't all to sure what I was doing but I sorted I liked how it was looking since it could be a good way of combining textiles with the collage work that I've been doing.
I had a practice go on this weird horse thing..? But after that I moved onto Gwyneth Paltrow.
I had a practice go on this weird horse thing..? But after that I moved onto Gwyneth Paltrow.



No comments:
Post a Comment