Combining what I've been doing on Photoshop with the stiching idea that I started looking at last week - After looking at both Barbra Kruger and Annegret Soltau I started to do some more sewing in magazines. This time I tried to sew words that were snide and mean about the models wearing them so to have a bit more of a sinister twist to them - also its to be like the nasty comments that models have to receive.
Well for this one the words that are written on the body are more from the mouth of a creepy photographer.
This went back to being harsh and mean comments.
This one was to be a take-the-mick out of what I read in the article about this lady - it kept mentioning that she was this lovely lady who was so prefect.... blagh. So by just picking out a few of these words that were supposed to be praising her they almost looked negative when sewn into her skin.
I went back and looked at the Guerrilla Girls - I couldn't find a gorilla but I found Miss Piggy.
This one was a just something that I thought the image was trying to say - since he had a sort of smirking look on his face.
My next victim was Eva Green.
I looked back at the Photoshop work that I had done and gave Kate Moss a teapot head.
Purley Guerrilla Girls inspired this - thank the new Planet of the Apes film for the gorilla head.
I thought I could add more to this and went towards Linder Sterling's work and started covering the facial features.

















No comments:
Post a Comment