This is my final design for this project and I definitely was more inspired towards the end of this project by the themes that I looked at from the 1960's Pop Art - this design was inspired by Andy Warhols's fascination with fame and the growing celebrity culture that come with the golden age of Hollywood. So everything here is inspired by that but also the celebrity focus that I semi-looked at in my collage.
The women on the design would be painted but the left side of her dress would be made of fabric and so to also serve as a curtain, and the film reel that goes across the top of the set would have fairly translucent film or some other sort of plastic-like material, however I wasn't planning on having any images on the film either .
This little part of the design is to show how the fabric on the left side of the set with hold its shape and drape on the cape-dress thing - my plan is to have pieces of metal fastened and sticking outwards so that it stays out and doesn't flop away.
I had another thought (I know, rare) but the film reel on the set could possibly have the potential to be a rotating component on the set which would be controlled by just a simple handle and human rotating it.
Since the film reel design that runs across of the top of the I hadn't added any images to go on but I saw that I there was a possibility for using these as a way of hiding the lights and creating a sort of colourful spotlights for the performance.
Since I thought of going all out and I made modifications to the Now Showing sign - I had thought of saying it could possibly be a LED screen that changed its message but I didn't think it would fit in with the vintage look that I was going for in this design - so instead I thought of possibly having one of those flip board/blind changing boards.
You know what I mean, these things:

..... and have a separate message or film title on the other side. Ah clever!
So I will have look at that for my FMP and see where I can get from there.





No comments:
Post a Comment