I kept with that and made this not-so-professional collage and it wasn't too impressive but it communicated what I wanted to say at that moment - which was "MAGAZINES-ARE-STUPID-WHO-ACTUALLY-LOOKS-LIKE-THIS?"
I chose this images of Rita Ora because it reminded me of a Hollywood- Glamour-Marilyn-Monroe type pose, with the blonde hair, red lipstick and fancy dress - but it reminded me of Pop Art that we had been looking at just before we started this, also because Rita's shoes had Coca Cola printed shoes which was a big American advertisement - and advertisements where a big part of Pop Art. Also because of that I stuck the image of Rita Ora on a Diet Coke advert as a way of linking that image to the rest of collaging.
Also I chose this glam image because I wanted a sexy image and then use these frames that I found to frame her face so to subtly suggest that "You should be looking at my face, not my body."
This little section of the collage had a little more of a sinister image and message to it - it's definitely more word based and more about body image. Having a Diet Coke not regular Coke advert, a "No sugar, no calories" and the quote from a pro-plastic surgery advert (which is so stupid it enrages me!) is all there to support and frame the picture of Kim Kardashian. This is because I wanted it to look as if shes being attacked and bombarded by these images and being to be told to be perfect, I had this camera positioned as if it it constantly watching which is very creepy but it helps to emphasize the point. I also I took another section from the stupid plastic surgery advert and changed it from "When you feel good, we feel good" to a more sinister "When you LOOK good, we FEEL good."
I'll just let that creepy-ness just sink in for a second.
Right my meaning behind this was the which was that I personally think that the media creates this unrealistic physical view both men and women, but at this specific mini-composition I decide to focus on just women.
After using a frame around the face on the Rita Ora picture I thought of doing something similar but it was a full on weird collage thing that happened here - the poor duchess of Cambridge now has a perfume bottle as a body but I was trying to create my personal take on Pop Art collaging and tried to combine a famous person with a product (since in Pop Art there was a lot consumer products and an emphasis on fame.)
Even though I'm a feminist, I believe strongly in equality for ALL - and since I had done a smaller composition on women, I thought it only fair to mention something on men, which if were honest they get it just as bad about having the perfect body etc, must have a six-pack and all this crap. However its never good enough and as I went about cutting out image for my collage from the stupid gossip magazines, it was like reading vulture tabloids on male film stars - its disgusting really.
I positioned another camera behind the Chris Hemsworth as again another commentary that people are ALWAYS WATCHING.
And finally on the little rant-y collage of mine is this little statement again found in the stupid gossip magazines..... WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY BLOODY STUPID AND SOOO OLD FASHIONED!!!!
That's all.
I really liked doing this whole collaging thing and it definitely let me express my feelings in a lot better then I thought I could - I will definitely see if I can use or bring it into my FMP.






No comments:
Post a Comment