Right so to find out exactly what I need to do with the textiles aspect of my FMP I went to experiment with different positioning with the images and the stitching.
I then tried to sew shapes or words into the fabric and cutting out the fabric from inside the shape, so to reveal the inside of the shape and the face - but it didn't work all that much.
After doing the image with Amy I tired to make the image look more torn and jaggered, with the paint splatters and the torn edges of the photo. Then I started sewing words into the picture - I really liked how it turned out and I think for the negative side of my FMP I will do something like this.
I really wanted to make something that made the viewer have to make an effort to look and see whats in inside - which is what I want my FMP to say.
I tired the sewing and ripping-of-fabric technique with words but it didn't work so well, so I thought that I'd leave this.
I tired using a iron t-shirt transfer as an alternative way of putting the image onto the canvas - but I wasn't found of how it looked so I'll leave it here.










No comments:
Post a Comment