Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Final Major Project

Finished!! My FMP is finally done and I can sit and reflect on the piece.
 
I am happy with what I have made with this and even though I did deviate from my original idea of looking at both gender and body, but I found as the project went on I just left the gender part out and focused more on the words that are used to hurt and put us down about our appearance.
 
I was happy with the presentation of my final piece because by hanging the pieces of canvas inidicually I found that it enhanced the piece because you reinforced the idea that you have to go out of your way to find the positives since the negatives are always so upfront and stand out more.   

I chose to take pictures of my FMP group becuase I wanted unaltered images of people that the viewer would not know. The thing about using images of celebrities is that almost everyone has an opinion about them and will jump to defend or agree with whatever it is that has been said about them. So for the viewer to be unbiased about the person that they see I chose to take my own photos.

I was surprised on how much I changed this part of the piece, I had intended for the calico to be ripped and torn and to be splattered with ink or paint. But I found that having the calico untarnished spoke a lot more, with the images underneath having been altered the faces were more brighter and could be seen better - this really went with the idea of this being the positive

I don't think my final piece quite has that angry flare that a lot thought or wanted there to be on my work but I like the neutral tone of my work and it to be a bit more thought provoking rather then an angry image shouting at you in the face. 

I think I could have done something else to brighten the postive side of piece but I was worried about obscuring the viewer from seeing the image, so perhaps I could have used a different material (maybe organza) to cover the photos.

I feel like I have achieved what I set out to do at the beginning of my FMP becuase even though my work turnded out not to be so much about gender, it became more about the body and how we view ourselves and how harsh words stick with us and become a part of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment