When added layers of latex and thickener to my mask I began to generate ideas to what I can do with it once it can come off - I began painting some brightly coloured face-shaped circles so I could start painting some designs but I started to become a little preoccupied with looking at the blank space above the head/on the forehead.
I was wondering what I could put there to not make it look so empty/spacious so since I looked at Tibetan mask and Asian influences for the design on my mask I thought I could look at those influences again to find something to go with my mask.
![]() |
| Expert Painting skills but you get my point! |
I thought looking at crowns or headdresses would be a good to look at since it would match with the sort of theme that I have going with my folk mask.






Since I really liked the looks of the Tibetan crowns I decide to continue to look at them for inspiration for my work - So for the detail in the crown I had to look at Tibetan folk patterns and images that are used so to make my head piece look more authentic (and since i have also been looking at the use of embroidery in folk art I will have to find patterns that are used in these folk cultures.













After looking at these patterns I think that I there I a lot of details and patterns that I could put into the headdresses, but the shape of the headdresses and crowns are quite similar so I could choose a simple design for the crown and then jazz it up with colourful and patterned painting and embroidery.

No comments:
Post a Comment