I wasn't too sure what to do so since I hadn't done any small sketches in my sketchbook yet, and also I haven't used pencil in weeks I thought some pencil sketches would be nice and it was nice to just have a break from large work and try and get some more accurate and detailed work. However that didn't go well either - bad day at the office. I was going back to the mindset that I used to draw in and I think that came with using pencil, I always think I have to drawing very neatly and tidily in pencil and I definitely think I need to get out of that mind frame.
Soooo to help me get out of that stiff way of thinking I went back to using the three primary colours but AGAIN it didn't look good! But it was good to get out some o my frustration by splashing some colour around and being a little more expressive. (Forgive the wonky photos.)
For the final pose I went back to charcoal, but before we did Jon gave us a quick lesson on blocking hands and feet and going back to draw in the fingers and toes by kind of sculpting them in - I found that this made drawing these parts of the body (that I generally avoid) easier to draw.
I thought this one didn't look to all too bad but the legs were a bit out of proportion.














No comments:
Post a Comment