Thursday, 27 November 2014

Reflecting on "The Hub" Logo

After last weeks work on logo's I really am getting sick of the topic and just want to call it quits right now - Its not that I'm getting sick of my designs because I'm proud of what I've done but I feeling restricted on what I can do and Jon has told us to put our own subject pathways into the logo.... HOW??

How can I put Art History into a logo?

But instead I thought that I would try to reflect on my designs and see how they would look in create work environments and items, such and Google, Youtube etc.





I think that even though my designs may not be related specifically to the Art History I think they have been good and the more I translate the images onto different items - The more I see the clearness of each design.  Even thought the orange cog design is my favourite I think the black disjointed outlines don't appear as clear from a far distance, the bubble design is a bit to light and bright and could also be unclear to see. One of the best two was the blue cog and arrow design is readable and think stands out well from a distance and there is no mistaking what it is - the heartbeat design is also a design that I think works well because the line can be translated to 'connect' everything and is a design that overall can work on a lot of surfaces and objects (as seen on the bottom of my last post.)

I think that my final designs are aesthetically pleasing because the colour schemes are simple and striking and the unsophisticated graphics that communicate simply what the graphic is however stuff such as outlines the weight of them need to be reduced/gotten rid of.

Fingers crossed we get the feedback on our designs soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment