At the UCAS Fair in London I went to the universities that I was interested in and I was hoping to get to speak to those which were further away then others so I could get a better picture of the course that wasn't from the website - so with my plan set I barged through the crowds to get to the universities stalls, acquiring as many free-bees as possible!
Kingston London University
The first university stall I went to and spoke to an art lecturer who said something I really identified with "wanted to keep doing my own work but wanted to en corporate history into it." This is exactly want I want to do, so this uni really struck a cord with me and I'm glad I got to speak to her - also with this uni being in London it was a lot easier to speak to them here then coming to a open day.
The first university stall I went to and spoke to an art lecturer who said something I really identified with "wanted to keep doing my own work but wanted to en corporate history into it." This is exactly want I want to do, so this uni really struck a cord with me and I'm glad I got to speak to her - also with this uni being in London it was a lot easier to speak to them here then coming to a open day.
Manchester School of Art
Lady who I talked to was really encouraging and told me a lot about the course and also what I could do with my degree in the future and career opportunities, the details about course and how it was structured and also what they actually study on a Art History course - which is what I need to know the most about a Art History.
Lady who I talked to was really encouraging and told me a lot about the course and also what I could do with my degree in the future and career opportunities, the details about course and how it was structured and also what they actually study on a Art History course - which is what I need to know the most about a Art History.
Bournemouth
Went for a look at this univeristy since my older cousin went to Bournemouth and really enjoyed it, so I went for a look and spoke to a lecturer with an amazing Irish accent - said really positive things but they just do a Fine Art course, not Art History.
UAL
Went for a look but it didn't take my interest, since I'm no longer looking at doing just Fine Art but I thought it couldn't hurt to talk to someone about it.
Went for a look but it didn't take my interest, since I'm no longer looking at doing just Fine Art but I thought it couldn't hurt to talk to someone about it.
Goldsmiths
Didn't really grab me this one, even thought Goldsmiths is one of the few universities that do the Fine Art/Art History combined. The student ambassador made it seem like you didn't get any tuition and had to everything by yourself, I didn't like the way she talked about the course saying Art History "wasn't really good" which isn't exactly selling the university.
Reading
Nice feel from this course, it looks very hands on and you are encouraged to study independently but there is a lot of workshops etc, the ambassador I spoke to was really encouraging and said she too didn't get a chance to visit the uni before accepting a place, but she thinks a "beautiful place" to work and live - not to mention the fact that Reading is in the top 10 for art in the country (wouldn't that be fancy?)
Nice feel from this course, it looks very hands on and you are encouraged to study independently but there is a lot of workshops etc, the ambassador I spoke to was really encouraging and said she too didn't get a chance to visit the uni before accepting a place, but she thinks a "beautiful place" to work and live - not to mention the fact that Reading is in the top 10 for art in the country (wouldn't that be fancy?)
Lincoln
Went to talk about Restoration (again) but no one was there, but a lovely ambassador gave me an email address for the course tutor - gave a really positive feeling about the course. I must email this tutor soon and get a final judgement if I want to apply to this course or not.
Still so many options!!! Ah how do I choose?!
No comments:
Post a Comment