Our first gallery visit of the day was to the Tate Modern - after walking past the Globe theater we came to this giant tower that is part of the Tate. After gazing at the size of the old factory building we went inside to see as much as the gallery as possible.
 |
| Tate Modern Entrance |
 |
| The view from the Tate balcony - I can see St. Paul's! |
Mark Rothko was a set of works that I was interested to go and see since I personally don't understand his work that much and I was hoping that if I saw it in person then maybe I could understand it more. The purpose behind Rothko's is to use colour to express the 'basic' of human emotions and using this to evoke an emotion from the audience. Since this is Rothko's indented purpose for his work - I was hoping seeing it in person would help me feel something unlike I before.
Seeing this certain collection of Rothko's work in person definetly made me feel a bit depressed if I'm honest - the dark colours and the huge size made it look overwhelming, and not in a good way. Rothko's personal depression battle defiantly comes across in these pieces and with for that I think he defiantly achieved this in these pieces.
 |
| Salavdor Dali - "Metamorphosis of Narcissus" |
 |
| Ibrahim El-Salahi "Reborn Sounds of Childhood Dream," 1930. |
 |
| Joseph Buys "Lightning with Stag," 1958-85. |
 |
| Alexander Brodsky and Ilya Utkin |
 |
| Lizette Model and Paz Errazuriz |
 |
| Thomas Hirschhorn "Candelabra with Heads," 2006. |
 |
| Alberto Giacometti |
 |
| Leon Kossoff "Man in a Wheelchair," 1959-62. |
 |
| Lee Krasner "Gothic Landscape," 1961. |
 |
| David Smith "The Five Spring," 1956. |
 |
| Magda Cordell "Figure (women)" 1956-7. |
 |
| Alberto Giacometti |
 |
| Turner "Yacht Approaching the Coast,! 1840-5 |
 |
| Emil Nolde "The Sea 8," 1930 |
 |
| Somnath Hore |
 |
| Leon Golub and Hrair Sarkissian "Facing History." |
 |
| Hrair Sarkissian "Execution Squares," 2008 |
 |
| Lee Ufan "From the Line," 1978 |
 |
| Niki del Saint Phalle "Shooting Paint,"1961. |
 |
| Nicholas Hlobo |

A
 |
| Chen Zhen and Zhang Enli |
 |
| Pino Pascali |
 |
| Cy Twombly |
 |
| Margret Harrison "Homeworkers," 1977. |
 |
| Annette Messager "The Spike." |
 |
| Rodger Hiorns. |
 |
| Lee Seung-Taek "Godret Stone," 1958. |
The Tate Modern was great, I got to see a variety of different artworks that were brilliant, interesting, sometimes boring but also crazy and weird in some areas!
No comments:
Post a Comment