Tate Modern

I want to look at the Exhibition "Facing History" by Leon Golub and Hrair Sarkissian, in February when I went to the Tate I didn't get the chance to properly look at this work when I really found it intriguing even though military and war messages/themes don't interest me a great deal.

Coa Fei's "Whose Utopia?" is another piece that I'm going to try and see this is because this is because I'm intrigued by the messages that the artist is communicating in their work and since the try to experience the impact of work in person.

Mark Rothko's display of work is another set o work that I would like to see, like in the previous visit to the Tate I wasn't able to see his work - and also since his work is abstract, even though I don't like it, I think I should try to make an effort to understand it at least the meaning behind this particular collection of abstract work and who knows, maybe I might like it (not very likely though.)
If only we had gone to the Tate Britain as well and sooner then we would have been able to to see the British Folk Art Exhibition which would have been a great way of researching for our body casting commision for the construction department!
The Victoria and Albert Museum
I'm really looking forward to visiting since I'm a huge history nerd and love this kinds of museums!
Really I would be happy looking at anything at this museum but there is an exhibition on about wedding dresses from 1775 - 2014, even though textiles and fashion isn't my chosen pathway , as a as a enjoy sewing as a hobby I would love to have a look at it - see what kind of embroidery patterns etc are on the dresses. Also its a "History of.."exhibition,since I will be looking to go into a History of Art I think this will give me a little bit insight on how
"Disobedient Objects" also looks a great exhibition to look at that look at the relationship between how objects can be used in the movements for social change, and how activistism drives design ingenuity that defy standard definition of art and design - this description only is enough to make me want to see this exhibition!
Anything else I see in the exhibition will be a bonus but I want to try and look at as much as I can - the Asian, Medieval, Gothic and Renaissance collections are just a few. :)
The Science Museum
If I'm honest I'm not all that fussed about what's on at the science museum but the exhibition on 3D Printing looks interesting.
The Natural History Museum
Like the Science Museum there isn't much that sparks my interest at the Natural History Museum but there is a Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition which should be nice - also if I can I want ot go and see dinosaur skeletons because, well....... dinosaurs are cool (6 year old me emerges.)
The UCAS Fair
The UCAS fair is something that I have to plan out properly before going - since I have to be specific in where I want to go so since we don't have all day to spend there. But the universities I have chosen are the ones that are too far away for me to visit and also for the course I need some more information on.
UAL - 72
Goldsmiths - 74
Kingston University London - 4
Leeds Beckett - 96
Manchester School of Art - 5
Got a packed day to look forward to!


No comments:
Post a Comment