Tuesday, 3 February 2015

A Bit of Everything

At the start of this session I went straight into my sketchbook and did a few pencil sketches and later went back and filled them in with watercolour pencil, I went back to these because I thought the ones I did last week looked decent and was happy with the overall look of them.

I then since I had been working in a small scale I thought it would be good to do some larger scale drawings in chalk, charcoal and pastel which ended really well and I managed to get a good shape of the figure but again the hands didn't go to well as always but oh well.

I don't think that this drawing went as well as the other because I spent so long trying to fit in everything rather then just the figure and gain I didn't get round to the feet and I still prefer the one I did before since I had more detail on that one then this one.

I had a another go at digital art again but I wasn't all that bothered about my sketches on them and they weren't all that good either - blagh.

For the last 15 minutes I went back to chalk and charcoal and I drew a lot bigger than I would normally do and I tried my best to focus on getting the details in the hands and feet correct - so after block-structuring the hands and feet I went back to put the fingers in but I didn't get around to the feet but you can tell the shape of the feet better.

The very last drawing I thought turned out really well and I think I improved the 3D appearance on the knees and legs - especially in the short time we did this sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment