I really liked the atmosphere that it created in the beach, it was quite solitary but a feeling of togetherness since they all looked the same and were facing the sea, I also really loved how the cast iron had been left to rust and be changed by the constant exposure to the sea, most had barnacles growing on them (I think it was that anyway.)
Saturday, 7 February 2015
Another Place...
Our Final Visit of the Day was.... THE BEACH! SANDCASTLES, ICE-CREAM, FISH AND CHIPS!!!! Well not really, we visited Antony Gormley's "Another Place" which was a collection of 100 cast iron sculptures that are a permanent features at Crosby Beach.
I really liked the atmosphere that it created in the beach, it was quite solitary but a feeling of togetherness since they all looked the same and were facing the sea, I also really loved how the cast iron had been left to rust and be changed by the constant exposure to the sea, most had barnacles growing on them (I think it was that anyway.)
I really liked the atmosphere that it created in the beach, it was quite solitary but a feeling of togetherness since they all looked the same and were facing the sea, I also really loved how the cast iron had been left to rust and be changed by the constant exposure to the sea, most had barnacles growing on them (I think it was that anyway.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment