After getting my main idea designed and drawn out what I now needed was the materials to make it - So I went to Crystal Peaks to get my eyes tested (which was a waste of time) and then the mother and I went to the inside market and bought a bunch of stuff to get my hat made - which was good because I'm not all that good with fabric measurements but since mum is like the queen of quilter and sewers it was handy having her around.
I bought three colours of netting so when I put it on the brim I can choose which colour would look better going around the brim.
Also managed to get a hold of some white organza but I'm not to sure if I had bought enough - we'll have to see.
I was just going to use poly-cotton to form the Harlequin pattern fabric of body but I got distracted by the shiny lining fabric on the market stall "ooh pretty" - also I thought it would look a lot better then the matte look that poly-cotton has.
I also got feathers - awesome!
So I now have everything but now I need to make the playing cards and then start cutting out and sewing the body together so when I go back to college I can get started on decorating it.





No comments:
Post a Comment