Wednesday, 28 January 2015

AMW - Plan of Action

What going to do?
I'm going to create a piece of work from the influence of Alternative Miss World with the theme of "Playfulness" - which to me suggests childlike fascinations with something and that children can make use of anything and everything for there own play and use, it also suggests letting go and not really caring or having a goal with what I create but rather just having a automatic response to what I was creating.  I like that the AMW has a big that the 'transformation" that contestants go through doesn't have to be change of gender but it could be something much different, e.g. an object, animal etc. 
Children make use of anything and everything for there own play.

Research
Research for this topic will start with looking at the past and present of the Alternative Miss World for ideas and context of the subject, with this I can start to generate ideas of what I could possibly do. Also I will look at which materials I could use and the possibilities with those materials to create different things. 

I will also look at my own personal experiences and response to out title of "Playfulness" and look at what I consider playful, stuff like Dr Sues and fairy-tales and the like and how they influence me - Jon also suggested that I also look at artist Jean de Debuffet.

Materials
When looking at materials I think it would be good to draw back to what materials children find most interesting and how using simple/rudimentary materials can be used to create something wonderful.
Materials I could look at/use:
Clay/Play-dough
Paper
Tinfoil
Cardboard boxes
Water!
Inflatables
Random pieces of fabric
Barbie dolls
Shiny pieces of glass
Bubble wrap

With this as my starting point I will start exploring these materials and see where they lead me, if anywhere and what I could do with it if I discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment