It also is a really good way for me to work - I don't mind drawing out Ideas but I would rather just have a really vague idea of what I'm doing and then try to built it with my hands and try to add to it as I went along - I really am a practical person when it comes to this sort of thing I prefer to see, build and feel my ideas in 3D rather then in a 2D, I get a better understanding of everything that way.
I started my first clay model with inspiration from my design that included the weird growing-bubble idea.
After making my model decent (this also proved as a use for the other pieces of clay to stick to) I started working on make a 3D experiment-version of this design.
I then had a thought about how I coudl cover the bottom, I tired making some sort of skirt but it was too heavy and cracked and fell off, so instead I cover the leg and did exactly as I had done on the top.
With how the final design looked I thought instead of it being called Miss Bubble or something along that lines, it should be called Miss Malteasers!
The head seemed a bit bare so I cut out a little headband that could go with the design - it wasn't to good because it looked like a toilet seat but that could be improved if I wanted to take this to a full life-size design.
I started this with no clear idea I just kept adding and adding until I had to shape it in some way or else it will go terribly wrong - which it did and ending up looking like a Nikki Minaj ass!
A bit of a failure this idea
HOWEVER!!! I was determind to make a positve out of this so I took everything off it and tried again - I added differnt loops this time that crissed crossed not jsut in one place and...
BEHOLD... MISS HULA-HOOP WAS BORN!!!
Even though I feel like I haven't done a great amount it felt good to do something at home, using this technique to get ideas out of my head was great and I felt that I achieved something - I might hold the clay at ransom for as long as I can so I can keep doing this at home so when I go to college I can get one and experiment with these ideas.

























No comments:
Post a Comment