Playfulness is our our theme so as soon as I had my rantional wrote down and out my head I went straight for the clay is something cos straight to mind when I think about playing around. I loved just getting my hands dirty and molding things that weren't particularly anything but it got me into the mind of playing and not having purpose being my work and just experimenting.
I have no idea what this was supposed to be... but I took it as some sort of model figure thing :/
With that strang stump I just started building off of it and it turned out to be what can only be described as a tree-mushroom thing and I asked others and they thought that to - but what only I saw was what I used to do when I was younger. When I wanted to make any clothes for my barbie dolls I wasn't really allowed near the sharp things so I used clay and built clothes onto the dolls, messy but it solved barbie's fashion crisis!
I have no idea what this was supposed to be... but I took it as some sort of model figure thing :/
This one almost looked like something was growing off of it (again like some sort of fungus) - which at the moment reminded me of how I was growing back into being playful or that playfulness was growing on me, go me making a tiny piece of work that had some feelings of my own in it. Never normally happens.
Ah bubble wrap - the epitomy of childhood for me! Seeing the giant roll of bubble wrap made me a little giddy, no need to embrace the inner child for this, bubble wrap is always exciting. I got a big strip and just started wrapping it around the myself and then manikin as many different ways, it reminded me of when I was younger that I didn't always need fancy dress costumes but just a big piece of fabric/blanket which could become anything!
![]() |
| Forgive My Terrible Face - I Do Try. |
![]() |
| A Superhero Cape or a Wedding Dress Train? |
After calming down after dressing in bubble wrap, I combinied the layered look that I created in the first clay model thing and recreated on the manikin in bubble wrap.
![]() |
| Underneath the layers. |
If I'm honest it didn't look so good, mainly due to the fact it was a hideous orange (Scarlett vs orange - the war continues) but it showed that I could use this as some sort of under skirt.
From here I could look at historical wrap clothing, what first comes to mind is the Spartacus TV series, Monks and Greek and Roman Dress so maybe I could into those.
Also I might build on this bubble wrap layering idea and next lesson I could make a bigger built up part on the body e.g. hips and waist - this definitely would be very Alternative Miss World since that's all big and over the top costumes.
Lets see where we go from here.











































No comments:
Post a Comment