Before we started anything today Dave had us sit down and got use to just draw out ideas I started making a design for the wrap idea I had yesterday, which is working backwards I know but its better to have it drawn out either way. I didn't mind doing this but I wanted to get on with something... but what with? So I suppose it was a good thing after-all.
 |
| My first Idea was based on what I had done previously in class. |
 |
| 2nd Idea - Based on the clay model I made but seeing my idea in colour made it a lot better. |
 |
| 3rd - This was supposed to be some sort of tree and river combination but it kind of turned into a sort of green-pineapple-Hawaiian thing. |
 |
| 4th Idea - Came form the idea of being a teddy-bear without wearing a big massive all in one costume. |
 |
| 5th Idea - I thought of the sun out of the Teli-Tubies and for the sake of it thought it would be fun to be that baby sun in the sky. |
 |
| 6th Idea - Dinosaurs. That's all. |
 |
| 7th Idea - Based off one of those inside-out rag puppet dolls that are normally a princess-to-pauper themed - but its a house and a princess..? |
 |
| 8th Idea - This idea would be a much simpler then the previous house-box idea. |
 |
| 9th Idea - A giant top hat with a rabbit coming out of the top, the rabbit coudl be a puppet or the model wearing the costume. |
Trial Run of Miss Dolly House
To keep myself from flopping out and not doing anything I deiced on doing some-sort of experiment with the Miss Dolly House idea, I set up a box and went to cutting out a window and building a front door and I tried miserably at a roof but the shape of roof I wanted wasn't really achieved with the pieces of cardboard that I had used so next time I'll have to plan a lot better with that if I chose to do a larger scale of this.
With the windows cut out here the box was suitable to fit over my shoulders.
I found that since the box was to narrow I couldn't fit it on my body the way that I had hoped it rested on my shoulders but needed me to hold it steady - and if I did fit my shoulders it it was very uncomfortable - so I will need to be careful of measurements if I make this on a larger scale but since this was just a small test run wasn't too disappointed.
THEN TRAGEDY STRIKES!... Well not really college said it was closing because of the snow so we left and I had to leave the Wendy-House there put I think I got reasonably far enough with it to understand what I need to do with it if I made a bigger scale. So perhaps next week I'll try doing that.
No comments:
Post a Comment