With "Playfulness" being the title of our Alternative Miss World project I was thinking rigidly about what children in general find amusing fun and how they see the world as full of new things to play with - unlike how adults see they world, which is full of things that have a set purpose.
I kept wondering about what children find fun, what do children like, what do children yadaddadadadda.... being the youngest in my very small family and being a only child I don't have much experience with children and as I was on my own growing up I thought I was expected to grow up quite fast - with that I thought that I was a bit of a disadvantage but I think having to play by myself and always be making things up and being imaginative with what I had at my disposal actually may have increased.
But I kept thinking about children found fun but then I thought..... Never mind other children, what did I find fun? Because that's the best research and experience that I have about this!
What I really enjoyed playing with when I was young was mainly water, play-dough/clay and fabric - with my mum always having fabric in the house from her sewing room I was always using this to make dens and make-shift dresses. With clay and play-dough I always playing and molding things together and making new things that wasn't particularly realistic.
If I start playing and experimentation with how I used to when I was younger then its a starting point for my work and could lead to some interesting work - at least I know what I could start with at this project!
So lets go!
No comments:
Post a Comment