Sunday, 11 January 2015

Figure Stitching

After two weeks away from life drawing it felt really weird to start drawing again and my first sketch didn't turn out to well but the second sketch I thought turned out nicely - Jon set up a bunch of different objects draped in fabric and the model also had some fabric to hold and pose with. I must admit it was a nice change to draw the modal with something since it gave something more to the drawings and added colour as well, I used blue, purple, white and black to get different hues and tones that I saw in the fabrics.


I honestly got really tired and honestly bored with drawing and I wanted to try a new material since I need to do something that shows "precision" and "attention to detail" - which is what is required of my university portfolio for Restoration. So I decided to give a go at stitching the model, this is because my work I've been doing in Folk Art and I thought that stitching figure poses would show my skills with a needle - though these aren't the best I think that if I continue with this I could get some really good observations with embroidery.
The First stitching-sketch
After I stitched the body I drew in where the fabric was and later stitched it in to finish it.  

I was really pleased on how these turned out and I mentally slapped myself because "Why didn't I think of this sooner?" since it was a good technique to do and I found it satisfying and fun to do. I think my targets for the next session would be to try to draw the model by free-handing the sewing machine and improve on the embroidery I've done this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment