Sunday, 25 January 2015

Folk Hat Decoration

For the folk hat that I'm making I had designed three circular shapes to go along the line between the fur and the fabric band on the bottom of the wire frame, for these shapes I need to make a design/series of designs to fit these circles.

Since I've been looking at embroidery that would be the way to incorporate this into my folk hat. 

To make a design for these circles I needed to look at Asian/Tibetan symbols patterns to make it link to my reference a bit more - but since Tibet is a Buddhist country there is a lot of Buddhist symbology in Tibetan culture so I could look into that as well. 











Knot of Eternity 

I found that the Mandala was a design that I really liked at Tibet had a specific design of the Mandala called the Kalachakra which means the 'Wheel of Time' and has a huge impact on Tibetan Buddhism - it has a specific four square point design and is brightly coloured unlike the general Mandala design.
Four Point Mandala 
Classic Mandala

Since I prefer the general Mandala design I think I will use this design over the other form of Mandala - I will have to use this design as the embroidery element in the gold circle on my hat design.

No comments:

Post a Comment