Currently in Life drawing I have been using embroidery as technique to sketch the model and after two weeks of doing that I fancy a change, so while causally browsing on Pininterest (best website ever!) I came across these free hand sewing images of people done by Rosie James. James is a textile artist who uses sewing and the building of many layers of applique to build up detail over and around her drawings, to create a multi-textured and layer finish in her work.
She mainly takes inspiration form large groups of people/gatherings and has said that she likes to look for the "detail in the ordinary but the commonality within that group of people." I really like this message and thought it was different then other textile artists that I have looked at before.
I thought next week in Life Drawing I could do some experimenting with appliqueing/layering fabrics and using a freehand sewing with the sewing-machine.
No comments:
Post a Comment