I was a hell of a lot happier with the end product of this project then the Folk Art Project - I felt so proud of what I achieved and that I managed to keep up with my reflective practice better on here, I now feel like this blog is more like a memo to myself as well as a working diary about my work. I'm glad we did this project since I think it has definitely made me feel more confident about my ideas and my way of working.
So yay for that!
The Front
Right lets just admire the hat for a moment.... Okay well I'm chuffed to bits on how its turned out, I was so worried about it looked to plain/boring but I think by painted the cards on A2 paper different was the right move since when tucked into the band it wasn't too small that is got lost against the hat, nor too big that it swallowed the hat - the feathers however aren't as good as I had hoped but I knew that I would just have to accept that since I cant really can't find feathers that were any bigger then I had. The checkerboard fabric I'm pleased with, even though it was originally supposed to be harlequin and I also thought that having an extra piece of white fabric under the organza differently helped to appearance since it didn't look so see through.
Also I'm really happy with the comical look that I was looking for when I finally managed to get in the hat and get my picture taken - since that was the whole point of the hat, to make someone smile - it certainly made my mum crack up, she sat giggling at how my spindly legs looked funny.
Cheers Mum!
The Back
The back is a little less impressive but I was still happy with it, after agonizing over the arrangement of the bows and organza I thought this would be the best arrangement - I think when I go on the catwalk I will have to tie the red around the brim I bit tighter so I wont slip on the trail. The netting when I first put it on was the most disappointing about this but seeing it all together I don't think it was that much of a disappointment but if I'm being picky I can see where it doesn't look that great.
The back is a little less impressive but I was still happy with it, after agonizing over the arrangement of the bows and organza I thought this would be the best arrangement - I think when I go on the catwalk I will have to tie the red around the brim I bit tighter so I wont slip on the trail. The netting when I first put it on was the most disappointing about this but seeing it all together I don't think it was that much of a disappointment but if I'm being picky I can see where it doesn't look that great.
Pictures from the Inside
The shoulder straps weren't as effective as I had hoped and the main way I hold the hat up it by holding the handles at the bottom so at least that works - but the should straps do help me keep balance when holding it up so its not so bad. Its also not that heavy - I was really worried about the weight of the hat being too much after decorating it up its a comfortable for me to carry and that made me sigh with relief!
| Very Out of Focus |
If I were to do this project again I would have to try and get a little more abstract and try to be a little more "out-there" but I just keep thinking that that is just how I am, I like my work to be clear and easy-ish to read. Overall I love this topic and wouldn't mind doing it again!


No comments:
Post a Comment