When it came to gluing the corners together I had to cut one of the corners from the triangle shape to a square so that I could bend the triangle part and glue the corners together.
Main Body All Glued Together.
The ears is what I needed to make next
Just like the main body, I sketched out the ears and added an extra room for the sides - and just like with the main body I trimmed the corners and then stuck it all together.
The Ears Glued Together.
I taped the ears on the body since I didn't leave too much room for me to stick it onto the main body so I just used masking tape - on the actual thing I think that it could be possibly welded/nailed together, if it was on a smaller scale then it would be possibly glued with some industry-level glue.
I drew on the face design so it didn't look so plain.
I cut out the spaces for the eyes.
Then the nose.
I dug out the barbie doll again and then started on how the mask would fit on someone - even though this was a little big for the doll (or not - it could be a oversized design) I made the straps on either side of the face and on the top so it hug over the doll without slipping off.
Then I went to make the 'mane' of the design which used one of the straps as the support - I just used newspaper to create the mane's furry texture but on the real thing it would be made from strips of fabric been sewn together.
The Finished Model
I was happy with how it turned out - even though I could get the entire thing in a 3D design it didn't matter all that much to me because I coudl see the design drawn on and also I go the main part of the design done. Now that this is out the way I feel a lot better about leaving the masks and going back to the set designs which I'm now working on.





























No comments:
Post a Comment