Friday, 27 March 2015

Where I am with the 1960'?

I managed to get quite a broad range of research done for looking at the 1960's and I have a good understand about the social and economic factors and background that had a big impact and influence on the artwork of the time and I now actually understand why Pop Art has the iconic style that it is famous for.

I looked at some of the most famous and iconic artists of this period and I found what I liked and who I didn't - who I particularly liked was the sculpture by Claes Oldenburg since its a really simple ideas but the large scale makes the work almost comical, but I also I liked Richard Hamilton's collage work because it was very comic-centred which is a design that I really enjoy.
 
And I hated Allan Jones. His work was gross and sucky - in more professional terms I disagree with what his work is and how it literally turns women's into objects for sexual viewing. Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment