Friday, 20 March 2015

Chanelling Pollock

After researching into Abstract Expressionism and watching a variety of videos on Pollock and his style of work - we all went into automatic drawings by being inspired by how Pollock created his work. I really liked getting a bit more physical by just splattering painting out, it was very soothing and even though it wasn't the best I was glad I did this.

I thought that I would try and take these splatters and control them to a design for Parade - so I controlled the splatters into a kind of set 'n' shape. I really liked the odd and dynamic shape that the splatters created - I wonder if this could be created on a large scale for a actual set?

Now after that I just had a weird moment of inspiration and these appeared! I'm not all too sure where these came from but since I can rage about gender for forever and an day I think this came to the surface as a grabbed the typical girl pink colour. As I look back over the paintings I don't think many will see the female figures that I was trying to capture - but when I was swirling the paint onto the canvas I could see them a lot more clearly, I can still see them clearly but sorry if you can't.








I think I now know that when using this technique, how much paint I should use when using this technique. I feel a lot happier with the direction that I'm going with now, I have few ideas for my FMP and so I'll have to leave this for now and come back to it when Parade is finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment