Just to give you how I felt about doing Automatic Drawing after looking at the Bauhaus, these are my immediate, unpolished reflections from during the lesson:
"What the fuck are we doing?
Just feel like everything is moving to fast and I'm not keeping up
Don't know what style we have to do because its so "looking at this" but don't tie yourself down "to this"
I'm just all over
I hate doing automatic stuff it doesn't work for me
Make work responding to the music so going terribly
Like the flowing pastel work
HARD
Maybe mask again?
Couldn't connect to my work at all
Too much of letting go
I like to get an idea and progress but I feel like I haven't been able to get an idea at all so I feel lost - I DON'T LIKE BEING LOST!!!"
HARD
Maybe mask again?
Couldn't connect to my work at all
Too much of letting go
I like to get an idea and progress but I feel like I haven't been able to get an idea at all so I feel lost - I DON'T LIKE BEING LOST!!!"
And if an image could describe how I was feeling at the end of this lesson it would be this: A sulky Anuk.
ANYWAY..... moving on from my sulky-I-can't-do-it tantrum did actually do some work which was supposed to be automatic drawings from listening to music from "Cabaret" which I hated as well - I was a very negative being today. But I was most frustrated at myself for not being able to do automatic drawing properly, if that's even an actual problem - I was just drawing a blank every-time I looked at the paper.
Also I'm not one of those people that can just draw random squiggles and doodles when told to, I like to know what I have to draw but my brain is just like "Well if you don't tell me what you want to draw then how am I supposed to come up with ideas you idiot!"
I certainly felt like an idiot this entire lesson I can tell you that.
Since I was working in pastels I just found myself blending and rubbing the pastels together to make shapes like this.
I tried to draw a weird fun costume but in the end it failed but I still really liked the flowy-ness of the purples and greens.
I liked this because it was supposed to be a set but for some reason I didn't see that when drawing it - now that I've stepped back I can see I real fancy set now.
Slowly Creeping Back to Masks.....
When I was looking back I found that is was the one that looked like a face or a mask it was properly the only thing that looked like anything. But when we took a minute to look at our drawings I chose to look at this a my images to develop further on.
I fell out with pastels and then just went back to my trusty biro and did some really poor drawings of masks/faces/animal faces.
This one reminded me of the mask from Crash Bandicoot - Aku Aku and Uka Uka

![]() |
| Horse? |
![]() |
| Lion-Bear Thing? |
Fingers crossed next Friday won't be as bad.






















No comments:
Post a Comment